Just recently Reid and I upgraded to an ALLSWELL memory foam California King mattress. All previous eleven years of our marriage, we’ve slept on a full, so this was a bit of an upgrade, and by a bit, I mean a huge upgrade. Reid still isn’t super happy about the large size (I give it another couple of days) but he can’t deny the great sleeps we have been enjoying. We sleep so well, even with Levi’s 1am wakeup calls and the random sleepy child. And honestly? A good night’s sleep can change. your. world. So, if you’re like me, and have slept in the same mattress for over a decade, go mattress shopping!
Here are a few tips for a better nights sleep!
1. Invest in a good mattress! (Repetition for those who haven’t had a good night’s sleep.)
2. CBD does wonders for my sleep. I take 1 gel tablet before bed and I sleep like a baby which is huge for me, a light sleeper since birth. Use code: shalicenoel
3. Magnesium – I take CALM. I sleep better and it aids in regularity. I find taking this while traveling is so helpful. Now I don’t leave home without it; it has become part of my routine.
4. Take a bath. Baths are relaxing, especially with a bath bomb! Or a shower … but showers wake me up? So, you know, you do you.
5. Exercise during the day (this is scientifically proven!). Even 15-20 min of light walking or jogging makes a difference. Just get out and move!
6. Use blackout shades. Light wakes you up (science! again!), and darkness sends messages to your body that it’s time to slow down, retire and rest. If you don’t have shades, use an eye mask.
But always looking for more ideas! What gets you a good night’s sleep?