The coziest sweater vest!
Beautiful brunch at C Chicago
Our date had a bit of a rough start. First, I failed to feed the street meter and I got slapped with a parking ticket. Then the hubs sliced into a parked Hyundai, and by the time that was all said and done, we were late. Not the best way to kick-off the much anticipated date. Thankfully, a melon and lemon verbena shot was right around the corner, and there is very little that can’t remedy, right? Soon we parked ourselves at C Chicago, and settled in for a luxurious brunch. I think they saw the writing on the wall because I got that shooter right off the bat. The bright and sunny restaurant, and the delectable four courses, healed all wounds. Parking ticket? What parking ticket? We felt spoiled, which is pretty much how every date should be. While we kicked ourselves for not bringing the kids, they would’ve been all over the lemon ricotta pancakes, it was nice to hear ourselves talk, walk in my comfy Rockports, and eat at a normal pace. And yes, we licked the key lime pie plate clean and didn’t even have to share. It was definitely a day date to remember. We’ll be back for the egg white omelette AND the lemon verbena shooter.
Photography credit Mollie Moran
TOP 5 Date spots in CHICAGO
- C CHICAGO Brunch for sea foodies and foodies alike. Get there at 11am for their yummy egg white omelette, lobster scramble and key lime pie in the shape of an apple.
- ANTIQUE TACO – Everything on the menu. I’m craving the pork taco as I type.
- The GAGE The regular burger, chips (fries) and amazing ambience on Michigan Ave.
- REVOLUTION BREWERY A neighborhood brewery. Cozy ambience with awesome burgers.
- CINDYS ROOFTOP AMAZING Michigan Avenue views and yes, the food is yum.
Where will your Rockports take you?
Share it on Instagram using the hashtag: #MYDAILYADVENTURE