How to buy Father’s Day Gifts
To prevent the cliché of getting a new ugly tie every Father’s Day, I’ve provided some fatherly insight on Father’s Day gift buying. Let me know if you have any questions.
What to get him? Think about his hobbies. Is it golf, fitness, hiking, or reading? Whatever it may be, pick a category. Let’s take golf for example. The kids buy small gifts under $15 and Shalice typically buys the bigger gift. For golf, don’t buy something like golf clubs, putters or golf shoes, if you don’t know specifics. Avoid technical things primary to the hobby. Instead buy gifts that support the hobby. It lets him know you know him but also trust him to make those bigger purchases. Therefore, I advise you buy gifts like golf tees, golf balls, a golf cleaning brush or even a golf hat. These practical gifts support the hobby and are always appreciated during his next golf game.
The DON’T of Father’s Day Gift Giving
· Do not buy him something that you desire him to be.
· Do not buy something that requires assembly.
· Do not buy something regarding career or self-improvement.
· Do not get him something that is not his color. For example, I look sickly in yellow.
· Do not give him a gift card! They add bulk to his wallet and or get lost in the trash.
The DO of Father’s Day Gift Giving
· Do shower him with meaningful words of encouragement. He needs it even if he doesn’t say it.
· Do make cards instead of buying cards. Take the money you would have spent on a pricey card and give him cash.
· If overly spending money stresses your husband out like it does me…prove to him how you didn’t spend a lot on his gift by getting something thoughtful or will save you money of the lifetime of the product. Like home gym equipment or DIY stuff. Think of something that has a lot of bang for your buck. I always appreciate that.
Of course, this applies if you want to surprise him. If he gave you a list, I suggest you stick to the list or play it safe and pick from my Walmart selections. Tip: there are lots of 2 day shipping options!
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring this post! All opinions my own.