When it comes to bell sleeves, the bigger the better. I love the drama of the sleeve. I plan to wear this top with these jeans to hang out with my cousin and the fam this weekend. And layer it with a trench, because it’s officially layering season. Hallelujah! My favorite season even if it means more palm trees than falling leaves. Hello SoCal Fall. As a reminder, check out my shop page with pieces of what I’m wearing and styling. I update it daily. Happy Tuesday!
Our underwear often doesn’t take the front seat in fashion, but as we all know, there is nothing quite like a good bra. Or let me say it this way: we often forget about the comfortable bra (or undies), but remember distinctly when one doesn’t fit right. So in this third installment of the series I’m doing with Hanes, I thought it only appropriate to share how my Hanes’ ComfortFlex Fit bras without wires and the Hanes Cool Comfort Cotton Bikinis let me focus on the rest of life, specifically transitioning to fall. #becomfydent.
4 Tips to Best Transition to Fall:
- Get the palette right: jeans, a trusty chunky knit, button up, turtleneck, etc. When you have the right basics, it’s all about mixing, matching and the right accessories.
- Stretch out summer by adding tights (Hanes are my favorite!) to summer dresses and sandals with fall favorites.
- Keep wearing SPF! UVA Rays are as strong in January as they are in July. Use proper coverage to avoid fine lines and aging. Yikes!
- Start afresh. I get all new undergarments every couple of months or so. At the moment I’m loving the Hanes Cool Comfort Bikini with its light material and comfy cut. I also like the Hanes ComfortFlex Fit bra; it works great with sweaters for that “off-duty” look.
With fall just around the corner be prepared with the right basics, an edited but functional closet, protected skin, and the right undergarments. Share how you best transition to fall by using the hashtag #becomfydent.
As a heads up, I’m partnering with Hanes for a couple months sharing how I, as a busy mom, wear comfy undergarments that keep me feeling confident. Read more at www.Hanes.com. Thank you Hanes for partnering on this post!
dress SHONIA JOY sandals SAM EDELMAN
Since moving to CA, we have become avid beach goers. I mean, when in Rome, right? So after many weekends of beach-hopping, we polled the kids for the favorite beach. By this time we had visited about 6 beaches and not too surprising, Laguna Beach trumped the competition. Laguna is the most exotic of the beaches I have visited thus far, and it was easy to enjoy at Casa Laguna, where we stayed to attend the Gorjana store opening. It was a fun weekend getaway from the hustle of Los Angeles and the coffee on the veranda was a huge bonus. And the store had a photo-booth … you know, those contraptions where you put your kids in and you don’t see them for 10 hours straight? Yeah, so that was a bonus as well. After we peeled the kids away from the 52nd photo-booth picture, we hit the sack at the hotel so as to fit in a cold swim and some yummy breakfast the next morning before leaving. Thankfully, we got four sleepy heads on the long drive home and lots of memories. Can’t wait to go back!
4 Things to do in Laguna.
- Victoria Beach – Lots of rock but seal sighting is normal, great views and surf
- Casa Laguna pool – the pretty tile and lookout building was fun and romantic.
- Banzai Bowl – acai bowls are so refreshing after a morning at the beach or afternoon swim. And my kids love them!
- Zinc Cafe & Market – yummy almond milk lattes
Everyone needs a luxe piece that will upgrade any look. I could not stop wearing this one over fashion week. It went with everything and brought an edge to my usual black ensemble. I also like this suede over shirt under $200. A great piece for fall. Next post I’ll be sharing our routine. One of my most requested blog posts. Feel free to weigh in with your questions. Happy Almost Friday!
This top is making all my high school black bandana dreams come true. I like pairing it with the oh-so-stretchy black jeans. Because it’s all about blouses, prints, and movement, (aka fringe) this Fall. Love seeing all the looks and discovering so many amazing labels here at NYFW. Back in LA in 24 hrs. Happy weekend loves!
Tank, flares and a hat are having a moment: 70’s inspired and still appropriate for that Indian Summer. I can’t wait to share more of my week here in New York for Fashion Week. Lots of meetings and shows. Let’s just hope the rain holds off. Meanwhile, shop the look below: