I had to travel to get inspired. I love the white landscape of Alys Beach. This linen skirt with pockets is a favorite on repeat. I paired it with my favorite modal tee in black from Shop Shalice Noel.
Fall faves under $100
All under $100
- Leopard dress has great reviews and looks killer with tall boots
- Classic 501 Levi’s $98
- LBD has a great shape and great ruffle
- Half zip stripes $80!
- $59 sneakers FTW!
- $89 Levi’s black crop jeans I love to pair with booties for fall
Have you interviewed for a job in the last couple years? How did that go? With work from home still a thing, it seems the Virtual Interview is the current trend. Reid just went through a series of Zoom interviews, so we thought it would be useful to share some interviewing tips and I’ll share what I would wear considering; you are on camera and not in real life. The interviewing dynamic is much different than in person, so prepare wisely to smash that interview.
Five tips to consider on a Virtual Interview
1) Whiten your teeth. The Virtual Interview positive is you don’t have to worry about stinky breath, but make sure you smile often and don’t have your lunch stuck in your teeth. They should only see your pretty white smile. Whitening Strips
2) Apply face tanner water and then apply some serum to make your skin glow and radiant. The Water by Tan-Luxe
3) Look the employer in the eyes and do not look into the camera.
4) Sit with good posture, chin up and hands in your lap. This is what I believe is the downfall to the virtual interview; you lose the importance of body language. Remember to lean into the camera when something interests you as you would at a conference table.
5) Keep a cheat sheet in front of you, to remember names, key messages, or anything else you don’t want to forget in the heat of the moment. Don’t forget a water bottle as well. If you are talking a lot and nervous, you will want to prevent dry mouth.
Confidence Boosting Essentials
Five tips on what to wear for a Virtual Interview
1) Do not wear stripes. Choose something solid.
2) I always recommend a feminine power suit with a flattering neck line and tasteful jewelry.
3) Wear your hair up to show your jaw and neck line.
4) Wear your power shoes if it makes you feel better. If not, wear slippers.
a. (caution though…Reid wore shorts in the interview and they asked about a drawing against the wall. He naturally got up to show it to them on the screen and revealed his shorts and slides with socks!!! It may have worked to his advantage in this situation. They got a chuckle and put everyone at ease on the call.)
5) Nude lipstick. You don’t want too bold of a color.
5 Vests I’m loving
Double Breasted Vest – a classic
Single breasted waistcoat – menswear tailoring with a feminine edge
Ivory Sleeveless Double Breasted Vest – I’d pair with cropped skinny pants
Stripe Gray Vest – to pair with white pants or white jeans
Hi friends!I’ve done this edit for about 8+ years. I hope you find it helpful that I give sizes and colors shown. Nordstrom lowered their commission significantly, so for efficiency sake, I’m not staying up all night getting my edit together. I like to keep my edit to the sale short and sweet. I really enjoyed putting these looks together. I mean, how chic is plaid and suede? I hope you, my reader knows I value YOU most importantly and that I’m grateful you’re here. Ask any questions ! I’ll be adding more items as I see fit.
My TOP 13
Caviar hair care – my hair stylist recommended this one
Diptyque – makes a great gift!
HOME EDIT (we have the Green pans and Fellow kettle)
I’ve been covering the NSALE for many years. I think 2018 was my first Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, can you believe?
It’s a fun highlight to my summer and convenient excuse to get out of the house. IYKYK.
Dates to remember:
June 29th: Online Preview Begins – You can add more items to your cart
July 6th: Early Access for Icon Status Cardholders
July 7th: Early Access for Ambassador status cardholders
July 9th: Early Access for Influencer status cardholders
July 15th: Sale opens to the Public
July 31: Sale ends and prices go up to full price
Early access to the sale is available to all Nordstrom cardmembers. The sale start dates are arranged based on your Nordstrom cardmember status. You can find your Nordstrom cardmember status here.
If you don’t have a card, you can sign up for one here.
What do I do now?
- Get a Nordstrom Card
- Start your wishlist
See you on IG stories, facebook, and the blog post for dressing room diaries of the finest and best of the sale 😉 I’m buying gifts for friends and family. Its a great time to get holiday gifts on discount for the “hard to buy for” like my dad and teachers. What are you looking for?
Are you as anxious as I am for Spring? We have 3 days of sunshine forecasted here in Atlanta and I’m very happy about that.
These adorable sandals are also super soft, with a padding. Such a surprise after years of wearing uncomfortable sandals. Which are your favorite?
Here’s our meal plan for the week. I’m trying to cook as clean as possible. Hope you have a lovely Friday!
Weekly meal plan
Sales around the web:
Levi’s 30% off sitewide, no code needed
Abercrombie & Fitch Buy 2, get 15% off! Ends 2/21
I’m not a huge black Friday person, but I do LOVE a random score. I found this storage bench 40% off for my boys room, damper for Reid’s espresso machine, socks from Nordstrom, boots 40% off and vitamins from Mary Ruth 30% off. I’m bringing pies for Thanksgiving at our friend’s house. Where are you going?
Let me know what you find!