Have you interviewed for a job in the last couple years? How did that go? With work from home still a thing, it seems the Virtual Interview is the current trend. Reid just went through a series of Zoom interviews, so we thought it would be useful to share some interviewing tips and I’ll share what I would wear considering; you are on camera and not in real life. The interviewing dynamic is much different than in person, so prepare wisely to smash that interview.
Five tips to consider on a Virtual Interview
1) Whiten your teeth. The Virtual Interview positive is you don’t have to worry about stinky breath, but make sure you smile often and don’t have your lunch stuck in your teeth. They should only see your pretty white smile. Whitening Strips
2) Apply face tanner water and then apply some serum to make your skin glow and radiant. The Water by Tan-Luxe
3) Look the employer in the eyes and do not look into the camera.
4) Sit with good posture, chin up and hands in your lap. This is what I believe is the downfall to the virtual interview; you lose the importance of body language. Remember to lean into the camera when something interests you as you would at a conference table.
5) Keep a cheat sheet in front of you, to remember names, key messages, or anything else you don’t want to forget in the heat of the moment. Don’t forget a water bottle as well. If you are talking a lot and nervous, you will want to prevent dry mouth.
Confidence Boosting Essentials
Five tips on what to wear for a Virtual Interview
1) Do not wear stripes. Choose something solid.
2) I always recommend a feminine power suit with a flattering neck line and tasteful jewelry.
3) Wear your hair up to show your jaw and neck line.
4) Wear your power shoes if it makes you feel better. If not, wear slippers.
a. (caution though…Reid wore shorts in the interview and they asked about a drawing against the wall. He naturally got up to show it to them on the screen and revealed his shorts and slides with socks!!! It may have worked to his advantage in this situation. They got a chuckle and put everyone at ease on the call.)
5) Nude lipstick. You don’t want too bold of a color.
Your outfits are amazing and look great on you.
Nice choice of clothes and accessories.
Thanks for the fashion tips to make a good first impression.
Glad to help!