This week has been a full one. Lots of changes getting ready to start school and tackling the challenge of ending our three year-old’s thumb-sucking habit. Our littlest is going though letting go of his thumb sucking habit. Honestly, so hard, but he’s three and it’s time. Disclaimer: the following tips are not fool proof, I’m not a doctor, and you need to do what works for you and your family. So, here’s my tips!
Tips for your toddler trying to quit thumb sucking
1. Positive reinforcement – verbally reinforce how big a boy he is for not sucking his thumb. And if he/she has siblings, tell them to join in the encouragement.
2. Watch a video about it – You Tube has some great videos for kids.
3. Extra comfort– lots of hugs kisses – because you’re asking him to let go of a comfort … so give him lots of comfort and treats! My little guy loves mints, figure out his/her favorites and keep them on hand.
As for what I’m wearing, here are 4 boots, I recommend for fall NOW:
1. low bootie VINCE CAMUTO wear now and later with rompers and skinny jeans. repeat.
2. tall boot MATSON KNEE BOOTS I can’t wait to pair with a suede skirt
3. chelsea boot STEVE MADDEN a classic with great height and tone.
4. Everyone needs a wild card. This fringe boot from TOPSHOP will look great paired with culottes and cropped jeans.