Ideas for family fitness:
- Play tag, swim, toss a ball, jump rope, hula-hoop, dance to music or even play a dancing video game. It doesn’t have to be sports—just get your family moving!
- Walk the dog, go for a jog, go on a bike ride, take the stairs or head to the park and let kids run around for a while.
- Celebrate special occasions—like birthdays or anniversaries—with something active, such as a hike, a volleyball or soccer game or playing Frisbee at the park.
- Get the whole family involved in household chores like cleaning, vacuuming, and yard work.
- Walk instead of drive whenever you can. If you have to drive, find a spot at the far end of the parking lot and walk to where you’re going.
- Park farther away and count with your children the number of steps from the car to your destination. Write it down and see if you can park even farther away on your next stop.
- Train as a family for a charity walk or run.