I’ll admit, one of my favorite searches to do is for a “CHUNKY KNIT.” I mean, what other sweater knit is there? I love the texture and feel and nothing is more fall ready than a sweater. Agreed? I also wear them year round with denim shorts and when we go up to our A frame in Lake Arrowhead. Writing this post is getting me in the mood for fall, crisp cool mornings, coffee and a blueberry muffin in hand.
- Chunky knit I’m wearing here (it’s on sale for $12.99!)
- Earth Tone sweater
- Under $100 creme ton with cool sleeves
- Chunky Knit cardigan
- Neopolitan knit
Let me know which you like best! I have a favor of you, would you mind writing HERE why you follow me? influencer agency, FOHR, is collecting your testimonials which helps for research, future content, and partnerships. Would you take 5 min to fill it out? I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH. TYIA.
Happy Friday! xx Shalice
More Black One-Shoulder Tops
5 Most Flattering Flares
I, like anyone, have made my way through all the denim trends out there. From ripped, boyfriend, skinny, wide leg, boot cut, cropped and the like—I’ve worn them all! It seems like every month there’s a new “it” cut to try and I’m always game to give it a go.
But despite all the changing trends and piles of denim in my office, which, do you ask is my fave? FLARES. Hands down. I can’t get enough. I always, no matter what the brand, seem to feel at home in a good pair of flare jeans. I know denim isn’t everyone’s idea of comfort, but I think a lot of us have that one pair of jeans in our closets that we always just feel good in.
Because I’m such a flare fanatic, I rounded up some of my faves that also happen to be the most flattering—just ask some of my petite friends who also tried these styles. Win! I love the ones I’m wearing for the unusual stitching and wide leg flare, but I wanna know, which are your favorite?
5 Flattering Flares:
- Frame Le High Flares
- Madewell cropped boot cut
- Veronica Beard Flares
- H&M $35 Flares
- A&F $35 Ankle flares in light
As a busy mom, I like to keep my beauty routine as simple as possible. I like to have color (tan towels), paraben and sulfate free foundation, long lashes (without the laborious and costly extensions), facial (at-home) and glowing skin. Is that too much to ask? Ironically, I feel like my skin got better AFTER we moved to dry and sunny California because I got educated on products I NEED to use for glowing skin. So, without further adieu, here are my mom-tested 7 products I’m using right now! I’d love to hear your feedback below in the comments. Happy Monday!
1. W3ll Foundation love this paraben and sulfate free light weight foundation for everyday makeup coverage. This hasn’t left my makeup bag.
2. Tarte Concealer I use a small brush to apply this under my eyes. Mine are deep set and I can get under eye circle so hooray for a concealer that hides my sleepy eyes.
3. Skin Inc Tri-light I must admit I was doubtful before, but after many applications, makeup artists who have said my skin has never looked better, and facialists who swear by it, I’m no longer doubtful. I mean if models use it, I should too right? Well and drink a liter of water too. Don’t forget to use code Shalice20 for 20% off Skin Inc
4. Pacifica facial oil I recently used all of the serum I was used to using every night and quickly added this to my routine in desperation and I’m happy to report my skin was supple and dewy after a week of using it. Yay! And it doesn’t break the bank. I also love Skinceuticals and Skin Inc serums. I kinda love serum.
7. Kate Sommerville Tan Towels Confession: I’m down to one towel and I’ll admit to putting it in a ziploc bag to sneak in one more use. Paraben free, they have an all-over bronze color, and no streaks, or getting on my clothes. Tips, my face is sensitive so don’t apply tan towels, Rather, I opt for powder bronzer for my face color and exfoliate all over before application. Try it and let me know what you think!
Did I miss anything? Do you have any questions? Let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments below!
5 Coats Under $100
One of my readers asked me to share some budget friendly options for the wintertime. I rounded up 5 coats under $100, yes under $100 can you believe?
TOPSHOP hooded parka super practical and cute
A good coat goes a long way. I love wearing just a plain tee under a great statement or teddy coat with classic denim. So, the investment goes a long way. Which is your favorite?
More sales around the web this weekend
COACH 50% off sale
LOFT extra 50% off with code WRAPITUP
BLOOMINGDALES extra 15% off no code necessary!
MADEWELL 30% off with code LATEBIRD
INTERMIX $50 off a purchase of $250
FARFETCH up to 60% off select
I’m not sure about you, but I LOVE boots and LA’s version of winter, not the Midwest’s. I like to ease into the chill with the option of driving 1 hour to the mountains. Can you relate? I recently found these boots that look like chic hiking boots. They were comfy as I wore them around Echo Park and a nice heel. What is your favorite cold weather outfit?
Last week, we scootered around the historic Mission District and found so many beautiful historic buildings to learn about and scooter around. It was founded in 1771, and the fourth of California’s 21 missions. We scootered around the fountain and to the plaques to learn more. The kids didn’t get tired but are always easily entertained by scooters and a pack of gum in their pocket. Ha! I’m sharing a short list below of why we LOVE our scooters:
Top 5 Reasons Why We Love Our Scooters
- Great Exercise. Scooters get kids moving! When are kids are tempted to spend hours on devices such as iPads and laptops, it’s important to give them a fun alternative to sitting, scootering!
- They travel well. The micro sprite folds for easy travel. Just push and hold in the 2 buttons on either side of the front wheel and unfold your scooter. Also, think about using them on vacation to explore a new town. Bonus: the kids get less tired than walking. Pro tip: bring them when you trick or treat to keep the kids from getting easily tired walking.
- I get a workout. These 4 scooters fit in our SUV and if I want a workout, I wear my running shoes and try and catch up to them on their scooters. It’s harder than you think!
- They are great for almost every age. The maxi deluxe is great for ages 5-12 (what my kids have) and the micro sprite is great for ages 8-99! I have the micro white and can more easily catch up to them at the park. Either way, it’s a great workout.
- They make great gifts! Christmas is 70 days away, use my code“SHALICE” to get or give a free scooter light (and free shipping) to a niece, nephew, son or daughter.
Don’t forget:Use Code “SHALICE” for a free scooter light and free shipping.
Thank you Micro Kickboard for sponsoring this post!
Happy Humpday! Today I’m sharing 5 Fall favorites minus the pumpkin spice latte. I’m thinking low boots, faux fur details, and classic plaid. Can’t you just hear the leaves crunching beneath your boots? I’m a fan.
A tank is that understated must that works hard under those overalls, paired with the cutoffs, and everything in between. I brought over 6 tanks on our road trip this summer and was amazed how many outfits I got out of them. If you love to layer, pair a cozy cashmere cardigan with jeans or a leather jacket. Boom, its a 5 minute outfit, because as moms we all know that is all we have right? My advice is, stock up, they’re worth the small investment and see my top 5 favorites below.
Comment with your favorite!
Drape Back Tank to show off your back after all those push ups
The tank with the best stretch (here I’m wearing it in white)
The Tank with great shape
Best Tank under $20
Cute Striped version under $12!?
To those who know me, know I’m very minimal when it comes to beauty and skincare. However, using great products is no exception. This is not sponsored, just an informative post for those who asked what I use on my face and skin. All of which are stashed in my lovely Maxwell Scott toiletry bag (Reid secretly wants one too). I have some product that didn’t make it into the picture, but linked below.
What’s in my Maxwell Scott Toiletry Bag?
R+Co shine + texture spray (who doesn’t need radiance, shine and sea kale to wake up tired hair?) :: L’Occitane Divine Youth Oil (don’t you love the name? It smells amazing and I’m crediting my glow to this baby) :: L’Occitane shea butter hand lotion (quenches thirsty skin and the result is baby skin soft):: Le Labo parfum musty and clean :: Elizabeth Dehn Vitamin C Brightening Facial Serum vitamin C to combat stress and leave skin glowing and even-toned.
Not pictured but honorable mention: Milo skin body brush for better circulation, NuFace facial toning device (like an at home facial) :: MUSQ face and body exfoliant (gets rid of old skin, hello new skin!) I linked a similar below :: SUNDAL RILEY TIDAL brightening enzyme water cream (no scent and refreshing). And I’m using this mask tonight 😉
While Reid and I both complain how long my cleansing routine takes at night, I see a difference. Sounds cheesy, but when I feel great, I’m a better wife and mother. I used to think I was a 4 product no-nonsense girl until I left some of the above products at home during our road trip this summer. I was scrambling for another exfoliant and moisturizer. I quickly realized that trial size doesn’t work for a two- week vacation. Noted. Now, its your turn, what are your tips and tricks from ACV to hemorrhoid creme? I’m all ears? Comment below.