Some weekends are a little haphazard around here. 7 people, countless loads of laundry yet to be folded, chex mix stuck in the carpet, yarn and paper cuttings line the rug underneath the dining room table, will our house ever be clean? While the future looks bleak for the answer to that question, I can do something about it. I did some research about WHAT MAKES A PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND? What is it you think? Writing notes, sticking to a list? Outsourcing? All those things aren’t bad. I was surprised to find, it is a couple little things in succession for good planning. Who wants a productive weekend?? I DO!
- Stay off Social Media. Ouch. But truly, scrolling instagram and watching stories is the fastest way to wasting time.
- Make a list. Stick to it
- Be aware of your productive hours and tackle the hardest tasks during those hours.
- Make muffins Sunday night for an easier Monday morning breakfast.
- Make a list of do-to’s and projects you need to follow up on for Monday. I can’t say enough about following up!
- Grocery shop or order your groceries for Sunday delivery. Decide the meals for the week, and post it on the fridge to be more organized. And also so you’re not tempted to eat out. I usually write down about 4 meals give or take one meal we go out or eat leftovers.
- BONUS – Hire an organizer. I have a girl who comes once a week to help me stay organized. She keeps like things together, and can sort my pantry or closet. Invaluable!
Now, it’s your turn, what are your tips for staying productive?